Transmission Voltage Clearance Calculator - BETA by Marne and Associates
- Calculations and figure based on NESC Rules 232B, 232C, and NESC Table 232-1.
- Code clearances are "not less than values" at the largest final sag conditions per Rules 232A. Footnotes to NESC Table 232-1 may apply to the clearances shown.
- Authority having jurisdiction(e.g., Highway Department, Railroad Authority, Army Corps of Engineers, etc.) may require greater clearances than the NESC.
- Additional clearance may be required to limit electrostatic effects to 5 mA (NESC Rules 232C1c).
- Additional clearance may be required for oversized vehicles under the line.
- NESC Rule 232D may apply (calculations are not provided for this rule).
- Use of this calculator constitutes acceptance of the following: No guarantees or warrantees are provided, the user must verify accuracy of the calculation by referencing the rules in the NESC C2-2012. Marne and Associates Inc. is not liable for any damages related to the use of this software.
- Copyright Marne and Associates, Inc.